Animal Welfare Policy
H M SHERIDAN
ANIMAL WELFARE POLICY
At H M Sheridans we aim to be associated with high standards of animal welfare.
In selecting our suppliers, we ensure that they recognize our shared responsibility to animals, the environment and the food they produce.
H M Sheridans endorses the ‘Five Freedoms’ concept proposed by the Farm
Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) as follows
· Freedom from hunger and thirst
· Freedom from discomfort
· Freedom from pain, injury or disease
· Freedom to express normal behaviour
· Freedom from fear and distress
· To source animals from farms and suppliers who demonstrate high standards of animal welfare
· To buy direct from local farms
· To buy and encourage the sale of higher welfare products such as free range eggs, pork and poultry.
· All our beef is grass fed and free to roam outdoors
· All our meat is free from additives or growth promoters and are antibiotic free